People who have grown up with a narcissistic parent or who have lived with an extremely narcissist person often face similar challenges including:
- Believing that their experience was maladaptive, difficult or unusual
- Knowing good ways of having conflict with those close to them
- Giving proper weight to their own wishes and desires
I’ve had a long standing interest in working with individuals with either Narcissistic Parent or other significant person with Narcissism.
Please contact me if you’d like to explore issues around dealing with narcissism.
There is a support group starting fall-2014 for the Adult Children of Narcissistic Parent.
The following is a reading list that you may find helpful when dealing with a severely narcissistic person:
- People of the Lie: The Hope for Healing Human Evil. 1998 by M. Scott Peck
- Toxic Parents: Overcoming Their Hurtful Legacy and Reclaiming Your Life. 2002
by Susan Forward , Craig Buck
- Soul Murder: The Effects of Childhood Abuse and Deprivation. 1991 by Leonard Shengold
- Running On Empty: Overcome Your Childhood Emotional Neglect. 2012 by Webb, Jonice
- Understanding Shame. 1977 by Carl Goldberg
- Scapegoating in Families: Intergenerational Patterns of Physical and Emotional Abuse. 1991 by Vimala Pillari
- The Dance of Intimacy: A Woman’s Guide to Courageous Acts of Change in Key Relationships. 1997 by Harriet Lerner
- Will I Ever Be Good Enough?: Healing the Daughters of Narcissistic Mothers. 2009 by Dr. Karyl McBride Ph.D.