Psychotherapy can help you find out more about it whats bothering you.
I am an experienced and empathic Psychotherapist. I bring a high level of training, and insight to the work of understanding and overcoming obstacles in your life.Some areas of specialty Include:
- Depression, Anxiety
- Transgender, Gay and Lesbian issues
- Issues of Assertion
- Changing entrenched roles in Relationships
- Difficult or narcissistic parents or partners
Recent Professional Activities and Publications
- Consultant – ‘New York City Health Information on Transgender Health’ advisory for primary care givers in NYC. 2015
Planning Committee Member – Mental Health Section – Philadelphia Trans-Health Conference
Author of the section on ‘Internalized Transphobia’ and editor on the chapter on ‘Older Transgender’ in ‘Trans Bodies/Trans Selves’. Oxford University Press; June , 2014.
Book Chapter: “You Make me Feel Like a Natural Woman: Thoughts on a case of Transsexual Identity Formation and Queer Theory” in ‘Clinical Encounters in Sexuality: Psychoanalytic Practice and Queer Theory’ Eds: Noreen Giffney and Eve Watson, New York: Punctum Books. forthcoming – Autumn 2016.
Recent Press Interviews and Quotes:
- Vocativ – ‘Detransitioning: Going From Male To Female To Male Again’ June 2015
- USA Today – ‘Advocates, public applaud Jenner’s transgender reveal’ April, 2015
- Live Happy Magazine – ‘Caitlyn Jenner Demonstrates, Transformation Can Bring True Happiness’ June, 2015
- Forbes – ‘Four Ways To Assert To Yourself When You’re Dismissed’ Sep. 2014
Click here for my background and insurance information.
Contact me at:
firstname.lastname@example.org (212) 358-1884
Ami B. Kaplan, LCSW 113 Unviersity Place #1008 New York, New York 10003
Online payments can be made here.